Monday, January 5, 2009

Got No Gold

oh my god what can I say
it's just been a long damn day
and all I want
all I want is to
get myself all whiskey lubed
think about the petting zoo
drop a nickle out into
the rain
just to see if Abe comes back again.

oh my god what can I say
everything is dried away
and the gold is gone
my hopes are gone
and i've been in the mines too long
is the inside of my bottle's walls
walk outside and take
a pee
just to see if Abe is back in town

oh my god the mine is dry
my donkey is dead and I ain't high
my pickaxe's broke the stars were wrong
my whiskey's dried and the gold is gone
i went into a saloon 
oh i went into a saloon last night
got in a fight with a salmon knife
just to see if Abe is back again

I walked down the road last night 
drunk off moonshine and lookin for a fight
I ain't got an excitin life
and especially got no goddamn wife
but i am fine 
but i am fine
just as long as abe comes back again

my prospector's life is a cryin' matter
my prospector's life is a cryin matter
I don't get no women, gold, or water
but you better say i never been gladder
just to see Abe come back again
just to see Abe come back again



oh what say you
to the giraffe in the petting zoo
say hey, you long necked nucklebrain
don't you dare look at me again
oh hey ahey yaya
just to see Abe come back again

No comments: